Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Value of Friendship

One tends not to expect to sit in a chair and have the chair back fall off, especially not in a honking big recliner.  Yet that is the experience I had last Thursday night.  Thankfully I have the grace to have the friendship of Mark, who is good at all sorts of household emergencies.  Today he came over and was able to fix the recliner quickly, despite needing a Benadryl to deal with the allergy to my cat.  Less than two weeks ago he performed an even more important service, when said cat was ill, I wa stresseed and didn't know what to do about it.  He helped me get her out of where she had hidden and drove us to an ermgency vet clinic, stayed with me long past his normal bedtime while we waited for her test results.  We've been friends for over 20 years, in spite of some rocky times, and I just want to thank him publicly for all he has done for me and to meditate on the wonders of friendship.

Thank you!

Posted via web from reannon's posterous

No comments: