Thursday, January 15, 2009

Truly Scary: Christian Anti-feminism

See this article about the Christian anti-feminist movement, that thinks women find their best fulfillment in submission. They think that feminism leads women to question God... which suits me just fine. Not questioning authority gets us into lots of nasty trouble. It isn't entirely clear what it means to working women: they want them home, but how many families can live today on one salary? Expecially if the family is large, and there is a rather subtle statement that sounds anti-contraception to me in the article. And what about me, a single woman whose father died years ago? I guess they would say I must submit to God, but it doesn't sound very supportive of single women, who are now about half of the total number of women in the U.S. All this before we even get into the question of women who are born gay.

No comments: