Monday, September 1, 2008

Sarah Palin and Feminists for Life

Sarah Palin is such an interesting choice for McCain, and she may or may not energize the party. But she is a bad choice for America, in many ways, and I say that as someone who wants more women in high political office. She is too inexperienced, first of all, especially in foreign affairs. She is pro-life, even in the cases of rape or incest, and this article shows that the group she is working with has NOT put as much real effort into finding alternative choices for young women who are pregnant, nor into teaching them now to not get pregnant, She may be anti-contraception and a young earth creationist, though I need those confirmed. Anyone who is a creationist simply should not be in a position to influence science and technology policy. Moreover she is a global warming denier, and gets very bad ratings from environmental groups.Women in High Office: YES! But not THIS woman.

read more | digg story

1 comment:

Clea Simon said...

yes!! My stomach curdles - sorry, no other word - at the thought that this person is supposed to appeal to women. I thought Hilary's speech, when she said, basically, "did you vote for me as a person or me because of what I stand for?" said it all.

I'm terrified that we'll lose this election. Terrified. So, yes, I'm giving what I can and planning on volunteering. Argh.