Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Book review: Deadly Game

TitleDeadly Game (GhostWalkers, Book 5)
AuthorChristine Feehan
Rating**1/2
Tagsthriller, super soldiers

I had read one book by Feehan in the past, the first of her Carpathian series, and was not sufficiently impressed to make the effort to find the others. This book is the fifth in a series about genetically-enhanced soldiers, and I picked it up in the library while desperately needing reading matter. I disliked the book from the beginning. The characters are stereotypes. Moreover, Feehan is just a bad writer... the main female character, for example, has a womb that spasms when she gets sexually aroused. It happens often. On the other hand, something about the book kept me reading to find out what happens... but I was ashamed of myself for doing so.
PublicationJove (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Publication date2007
ISBN0515142611 / 9780515142617

No comments: