Friday, August 27, 2010

Great Illustration of the Blind Men and the Elephant

I had an amusing illustration of this old story today - the story about several blind men who each felt a different part of an elephant and tried to describe it.  On my daily walk to work, I stop to sit on a bench and gather my breath.  Off to my right, down a hill, was a large object.  I couldn't see all of it, but it looked really weird... looked sort of like the front end of a submarine, green and gold and curved, with something resembling a unicorn horn.  It wasn't until I got to the door of the library and could see all ot it that I could see what it was - a Macy's parade size balloon of the campus Yellow Jacket mascot, Buzz.  What I had seen was its rear end featuring the stinger.

Humorous, but a reminder that a lot of things depend on one's perspective.

 

Posted via email from reannon's posterous

No comments: