Thursday, July 22, 2010

Josh Marshall on the Sherrod Story and the Media

He's pretty damning about the lack of journalistic professionalism and ethics involved in the Sherrod story.  Seems pretty justified to me.  I worry quite a lot about the state of journalism in this country.  Reminds me of Jefferson's quote:

"The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1787. ME 6:57

 

 

 

Posted via email from reannon's posterous

No comments: