Saturday, July 25, 2009

Book Review: Frostbitten

Title: Frostbitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 10)
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Rating: ****
Tags: paranormal, thriller, series, werewolves

There were other books I needed to read before this one, but it is a new Kelley Armstrong, and I couldn't resist going ahead and reading it, even though I knew it was about the werewolves, my least favorite of her Otherworld characters.

For that reason, it isn't my favorite book in the series. It is set in Alaska, where Clay and Elena go to search for a werewolf who isn't part of their Pack and warn him how dangerous the werewolves hs has hooked up with are. Once there they find that women are disappearing and perhaps are being killed by rogue werewolves.

I think I don't like the werewolf characters as much because of how often they are forced to be very violent. Armstrong makes it justifiable, but i don't want it to be easy to justify.

As usual, Armstrong's writing, characters, and plots are excellent, and there is a fascinating set of shape shifters in this book. Overall, not my favorite, but Armstrong's worst is better than most writers best.


Publication Bantam (2009), Hardcover, 352 pages
Publication date 2009
ISBN 0553806629 / 9780553806625

No comments: