Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Book Review: The Reeve's Tale

TitleThe Reeve's Tale (Sister Frevisse)
AuthorMargaret Frazer
Rating****
Tagshistorical mystery, series, medieval, frevisse
Your reviewMargaret Frazer's Dame Frevisse series is one I always meant to get around to, especially after seeing some of her posts on the historical mystery mailing list, Crime Through Time. So when a friend sent me the Reeve's Tale I was quite happy. It is the tenth in the series, and I always prefer to read series in order, but it isn't always easy to find all the books in a series. So I went ahead and read this one, and am happy i did. It is tightly plotted, with good characters, and a great sense of its time (1440 AD) and place (a small English village). Recommended.
PublicationBerkley (2000), Paperback, 274 pages
Publication date2000
ISBN0425176673 / 9780425176672

No comments: