Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Book Review: A Discovery of Witches

Title A Discovery of Witches: A Novel
Author Deborah E. Harkness
Rating *****
Tags fantasy, books, reading, magic, witches, vampires, daemons, history 


There's one really serious flaw in this book... it ends with an obvious sequel in the works - I'd guess at at least a trilogy - AND I WANT MORE NOW. A stranger reaction I have to the book is a disinclination to want to share details of the plot. I want the plot to unfold for each reader as beautifully as it did for me. It is paranormal fiction with witches, vampires, and demons, involves academics, and has a superb plot and wonderful characters. That's all I'm going to tell you. NOW GO READ IT. Please. You'll thank me later.
Publication Viking Adult (2011), Hardcover, 592 pages
Publication date 2011
ISBN 0670022411 / 9780670022410

 

Posted via email from reannon's posterous

No comments: