Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Sad Part of Mostly Good News

...is that most of the anti-gay measures passed. We still don't know about Proposition 8 in California.

It is incredible to me that we can have dealt such a heavy blow to intolerance on the basis of race and yet have increased intolerance on the basis of sexual identification. And it IS discrimination and intolerance. I am a Kinsey 2 bisexual, but it isn't about me... the issue doesn't personally affect my rights. But it does affect people that I love, who were hoping to be able to live fully with the same rights as the rest of us.

I hope these amendments can be challenged in court, and I hope that as we embark on a new world for fulfilling America's promises to so many we will move towards fulfilling it for all.

No comments: