Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Book Review: Bitten, by Kelley Armstrong

Title Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 1)
Author: Armstrong, Kelley

Rating ***
Tags werewolves, fiction, series

This book is a good one, but it has one of those protagonists you just want to shake and say, "Wake up!" to. She acts often immaturely, thoughtlessly, in ways that will hurt herself and others. Human, in other words.... although this character is more than human, she's a werewolf.

The story is well-plotted, but I think I would have liked it better if it were shorter. About two-thirds of the way through I got tired of it, but not enough to stop reading it.

I will try the later books in the series. The author held my interest well enough I'll give her another try.

Publication Plume (2004), Paperback, 448 pages
Publication date 2004
ISBN 0452286034 / 9780452286030

No comments: