Monday, March 24, 2008

Book Review: The Darkest Evening of the Year

TitleThe Darkest Evening of the Year
AuthorDean Koontz
Rating***1/2
Tagsthriller, paranormal
Your reviewThe only Koontz I've read before are the 1st and 3rd of the Odd Thomas books, and I loved them. This book I mostly loved. Koontz is amazing at getting into the skin of his characters. In this book there are sociopaths and there are good and noble people. There's also great love for animals and golden retriever rescue is a plot point in the book. I had trouble with the supernatural ending, though I know that Koontz writes a lot of paranormal books. I think it is a philosophical problem I have. Maybe miracles exist, but not for everyone who needs them, and that makes for a deity that plays favorites.
PublicationBantam (2007), Hardcover, 368 pages
Publication date2007
ISBN0553804820 / 9780553804829

No comments: