Monday, May 23, 2011

The War in Libya

I'm very very torn about the war in Libya - I feel so for those suffering under a dictator and want to see him out of power.  But it seems clear this war is illegal, and I do feel that the U.S. cannot be the world's peacekeeper, nor should we act in a way that is unconstitutional.  These things were easy for me when a President I wholly despised (George W. Bush) did them, harder now when it is a President I like far more (though in several areas have reservations about).  There were conservative constitutional scholars such as Bruce Fein who spoke out loudly against Bush's illegal and unconstitutional actions, and now there are liberals speaking out about Obama when he upholds an imperial Presidency (main one being Glenn Greenwald).  There should be more.

 

 

Posted via email from reannon's posterous

No comments: