Saturday, February 14, 2009

Book Review: The Runner, by Thomas Perry

Title Runner (Jane Whitefield)
Author
Thomas Perry
Rating ****
Tags thriller, series, jane whitefield

Perry is one of my favorite authors, and I have loved the Jane Whitefield series, about a woman who helps people in trouble disappear. This is the first in the series in a number of years; Perry wrote a number of excellent stand alones in between.

Jane takes her first case in over five years, as she feels she cannot turn away the young pregnant woman escaping a dangerous and abusive boyfriend.

I liked this book quite a lot, but it isn't, in my mind as good as some of the others in the series. My favorite was the one in which Jane and a couple of others gave away billions of Mafia money to charities.

It is a terrific series, though I'd start with some of the earlier ones and savor your way through all of them.


Publication Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (no date), Hardcover, 448 pages
Publication date no date
ISBN 0151015287 / 9780151015283

No comments: